Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Everybody Lies

Anyone who has ever watched a single episode of House MD knows that everybody lies. Right? Maybe not. It turns out that I am learning disabled.

Yesterday, right as I am heading into the holidays, a client called and asked me to investigate a complaint. A patient accused a social worker of the unthinkable. After a day of interviewing involved parties, reading charts and having a lengthy discussion with the Medical Director, I arrived at the impossible conclusion that I believed both parties.

My client arrived at the conclusion that she believed neither party. At least her position is possible outside of a science fiction novel.

So maybe we all lie sometimes. We flatter people, we lie to avoid drama and sometimes we even lie for noble causes. But when it comes to jeopardizing a man's life or taking advantage of a patient, I simply cannot believe that any human being would do such a thing.

Color me stupid but I bet my world is prettier than that of my client who believes no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment